Transport, Escort, AAR
14 April, 2019, Sunday
This event has finished
The final list of participants (10):
Thank you for taking part !
SO Events offer a unique opportunity for a team effort, where the performance of each participant may have an impact on the overall objective. It is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills; members of all levels of expertise are welcomed. General kinds of SO Events include military operations (including application of weapons), humanitarian operations, aerial work, flying displays and so on. Since SO Events typically involve many participants performing different types of roles, they can be highly realistic and fluid, evolving as they progress. Unlike civil events, there are countless scenarios of SO Events and no two SO events are identical.
SO events can be organised by divisions (divisional SO departments), official Special Operations Groups (SOGs) and HQ–SOD.
Since HQ–SOD staff individually validates every proposed event application, only those that satisfy certain standards are approved. HQ–SOD dedicated staff routinely suggests minor and major changes to the proposed events' scenarios in order for them to satisfy these standards. SO events always attract a lot of participants, they are international by definition with members from all the IVAO divisions welcomed, regardless of the event's location. To ensure that no one is left behind, only one common working language is used — English.
SO events are thoroughly organised and planned, participants get a chance to experience a mature environment and this is what makes them unique. Participants also qualify for IVAO SO awards. With all that being said, IVAO members are free to organise local training sessions, subject to conditions and limitations of the SO Regulations.
You may have a look at the official rules that govern SO events in the SO Regulations (section 9, Special Operations Events).
1. Check events listing and explore event's details. Many events are published many weeks in advance, but some on a very short notice (typically at least 14 days).
2. Study Event Master Plan. Ensure that you understand what is expected of you as a participant and prepare for it; some events require a sound knowledge (at least theoretical) in specialised fields, but newcomers are always welcomed. Some events employ a role/slot system to limit the number of specific sub–roles (e.g. a maximum of 5 rotary–wing pilot participants of group B), these are available on a first come, first served basis; event–specific rules are also common and should be observed. Make sure you have all the necessary resources needed for a particular event well in advance, such as aircraft add–ons, event–specific sceneries, aeronautical data, reference materials, etc.; most of organisers provide links to some of the needed resources. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask event's organiser beforehand (event's dedicated forum topic (on the IVAO forum) is the preferred way to do this).
3. Registration. Since event organisers normally need to know how many participants to expect to refine event's scenario, to plan ahead, and to issue SO points later on, you should register (book) using the interface of this website. Some event organisers require prospective participants to provide additional information upon registration (e.g. flight simulator platform that you use). In the past participants used to announce their intent to participate by posting a message in the event's forum topic, this procedure has since been replaced by registration on HQ–SOD website (Internal Portal). Feel free to tweet or make a Facebook post about the event to attract more participants; the corresponding social buttons are given on the event's page.
Please note that event organiser may update Event Master Plan or even cancel event, so please be sure to periodically check event profile page on the HQ–SOD website.
4. Day of the event. Some organisers run a mandatory verbal briefing before departures, make sure you participate if there is one; such briefings normally commence at the event's starting time. Enjoy your event and take memorable screenshots or videos. If you are unable to participate in the event, please try to cancel your registration in advance through Internal Portal.
5. After the event. Feel free to share your experience with feedback and possibly screenshots or videos in the event's dedicated forum topic (on the IVAO forum). At some point several days after the event SO points and SO awards are issued by HQ–SOD staff. A list of IVAO members who participated is published on the event's profile page on this website.
You may have a look at the official rules that govern HQ–SOD approved SO events in the SO Regulations (section 9, Special Operations Events).
IVAO Divisions (divisional Special Operations departments) and official Special Operations Groups can organise SO events. Please refer to the SO Regulations (section 9, Special Operations Events)
Application form is located on the HQ–SOD Internal Portal
This event has finished
Exercise Snake Hunt is the continuation of a previous military operation simulation organised by Indonesia Division centred on Ranai AFB, Riau Islands, with its operations based at Hang Nadim Airport, Batam. In this operation we simulate the military takeover of an enemy-controlled Ranai AFB through the deployment of paratrooper forces. It is simulated that Ranai AFB has already been controlled by a hostile force and a military takeover must be executed in order to prevent Ranai AFB from being used further for hostile purposes.
The simulated operation will involve three main groups , each having their respective tasks in order to support this operation. Coordination and communication are paramount for this operation to succeed. The simulation is expected to last 4 hours, and its time line is explained in detail in a Event Master Plan. The document must be read thoroughly and carefully before taking part in this simulation. Any inquiries can be sent to IVAO-ID SpecOps staff via ( email@example.com ) email address.
IVAO forum discussion: http://forum.ivao.aero/index.php?topic=330696.0